Friday, July 31, 2009

How can I clean my videotapes to eliminate a sort of powdery fungus tha clogs the cassette player head?

You can't clean your tapes. Usually it is the tiny particles of tape that will dirty the heads, but there is nothing to do to prevent this from happening. Discard old tapes that give trouble. A head cleaner purchased at the store does not do a very good job getting dirt off the rollers, capstan or the head drum assembly %26amp; they can be abrasive to the video heads, so I wouldn't recommend one. Manually cleaning all the places where the tape travels will help as the dirt can be picked up to your tape from these points. I can only suggest you copy your valued tapes to DVD.

How can I clean my videotapes to eliminate a sort of powdery fungus tha clogs the cassette player head?
There are cleaner tapes out there......go to your Video Store buy two one to super clean the " Machine" the other for periodic maintenance later on



Puppy Teeth

No comments:

Post a Comment