Saturday, July 25, 2009

I take Allegra because my sinus drains at night and clogs my throat?

it seem like this affects my voice a lot during the day as well, I constantly have to clear my throat, and my voice gets low a lot, is this normal? or should I worry?

I take Allegra because my sinus drains at night and clogs my throat?
This sounds weird but the medication, while helping in one way , is drying the mucous surfaces and making it harder to get the mucous out of the passages. I laughed when an ENT doctor told me to "douche" my sinsuses with salt water but it will cure you. He said to mix a solution and sniff it up but I just use a soppy wet with warm water...sniff it up and let the fluid drain. In a short time the mucous will drain into your throat. Start with twice a day, drink lots of water so the mucous will be thin and don't use any dairy products. There is a new OTC medication to help thin mucous too and it should be good...was in other Rxs but this is a higher dose. I found that this treatment cured me in a few weeks and I only have trouble noe when the trees bloom in April. If this doesn't get it for you, you probably need to see a Dr to get a steroid nasal spray.
Reply:I have the same thing and I'm going to the doctor friday to see if it is Sinus' or something worse.



Credit Rating

No comments:

Post a Comment