Saturday, July 25, 2009

How do I get salt stains out of my leather clogs?

leather clogs! what year are you in?

How do I get salt stains out of my leather clogs?
Not only "what year are you in", but also...are you aware that it is Winter? Your feet must be freezing in those (assuming this salt you're talking about is from salt trucks to keep ice off the roads). If they're suede you can try brushing the salt off, scrubby brush with plastic or boar bristles, but if you were standing in a puddle and the moisture was allowed to set in brushing them probably won't do much.





I one time had a pair of sandals that were suede, I got mud on them and washed with water and I think soap and scrubbed them with a toothbrush...it didn't do much damage to the fabric, so you could try that but if you don't want them to get ruined then invest in some better shoes.
Reply:There are a couple ways to remove salt stains. If the leather is a finished leather and not suede or suede finished, then use some saddle soap to remove the worst of the white crust. I also use a bit of Avon skin-so-soft bath oil on my good leather boots where the salt is drying out the leather it makes the leather soft and supple again. mineral oil/ baby oil also works well. Suedes and unfinished napped leather will need to be cleaned with a suede block, it's like an eraser for suede, then the suede will need to be brushed using a slightly stiff brush to raise the nap. After cleaning you should use a good spray protector to keep the salt from penetrating the leather. These are available at almost all shoe stores. They might also have some new products for cleaning salt from leather that I have not yet heard of!



dental

No comments:

Post a Comment